- Regular use of Full Focus Planner
- Development and approval of 2019 sales and revenue growth plan at work
- 11 blog posts
- 7 books finished
- Meals or activities with friends 11 times
- Family fun, outings and trips 7 times
- Completed most physical habit goals
- Made progress on every major annual goal for 2019
- Effective weekly calls with peak performance partner
- Missed some days on Full Focus Planner
- Missed time blocking on several days
- Missed using Stewarding Life planner on several days
- Following my written plan for morning routine, focus on closing email for 60 minutes after processing inbox. This one tweak should create the time to fix all three losses.
- Add closing email to habit tracker with an alert for 8 am.
- The Great Bridge by David McCullough
- The Autobiography of George Muller
- The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries by The Great Courses
- Consciousness and the Brain by Stanislas Dehaene
- Hit Makers by Derek Thompson
- Sam Walton: Made in America by Sam Walton
- Presence by Amy Cuddy
Listing the top few. See my weekly reviews for more.
- People have to make a choice between better or safer. Most people choose safer. If employees are looking for safer (which most are) and I, as a boss, am looking for better, that doesn’t work. (from Leap First by Seth Godin)
- The greatest asset you can possess is the desire for knowledge and the willingness to earn it. -Andrew Carnegie from The Wisdom of Success (summary here)
- By focusing on the outcome we ignore the process. Focus on the process. (from Presence by Amy Cuddy)
- Speak slowly.
- Education alleviates uncertainty. – Peter Mallouk
- Three types of people: those who can see, those who can see when shown, and those who will never see. From my podcast notes on How to Master Essentialism.
New Habits I am Developing
- Using Full Focus Planner daily
- Work standing 1 hour daily
- Time block 30 minutes daily (work in progress)
- Weekly: run 3x, weights 3x, abs 5x