This is an idea for a weekly feature that I’ve been pondering. Going to try posting my personal weekly reviews and see what the response is. Let me know your thoughts and if you find this useful.
- Three blog posts.
- Completed one book.
- Hired three 3rd party detailers at work (goal was minimum of one hire)
- Completed phase one of 2019 revenue increase plan at work.
- Revenue increase plan led to meeting scheduled with VP
- Meeting most of my weekly physical goals (run 3x, weights 3x, abs 5x, plant based meals)
- One meal with friends (8 for the month as of week end)
- Daily morning time block is not happening.
- Trying to sleep 7 hours nightly from 10 pm – 5 am is not happening, staying up until 11 pm on most nights.
- Try time block 9-9:30 am, make this firm, close email, stick to it. Expand to longer time after this becomes a regular habit.
- Start evening routine for going to bed earlier.
- Education alleviates uncertainty. – Peter Mallouk
- Proverbs 9:7-8. Do not try to teach, correct, or rebuke a scorner or wicked person. Stick to teaching and training the simple and wise only.
- Testing conducted on medical patients in a vegetative state. Asking them to think about playing tennis as a ‘yes’ response or entering their home as a ‘no’ response. In some cases this enabled communication with patients answering yes and no questions by measuring brain activity via FMRI.
- The last three are from Presence by Amy Cuddy
- Powerful people speak slowly.
- The more people say “I” the less sure of themselves they are.
- The high status person looks out at the world; the low status person is looking at himself.
Personal Development Material I am Studying This Week
- Presence by Amy Cuddy
- Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount
- Health Lessons on Khan Academy
- Consciousness and the Brain by Stanislas Dehaene
- Hit Makers by Derek Thompson
- Two podcast episodes from Tim Ferriss Show (Greg McKeown and Peter Mallouk)
- Confident Parenting by Jim Burns
- Bible, currently book of Exodus and I Corinthians
Weekly Big 3 Goals for Next Week, Week 04
- All of jobs 425 and 426 assigned to 3rd party detailers
- Digital declutter
- Work on blog 30 minutes for three days, result of at least two posts