Skip to content
- Worked on blog 30 minutes for 4 days resulting in three blog posts.
- Completed one book. (Einstein’s Relativity and the Quantum Revolution) Eight books completed through end of week 5, list here.
- Family day on Saturday.
- Meeting with VP to review 2019 sales plan went well and plan was approved.
- Productive call with Peak Performance Partner on Friday.
- One meal with friends (11 for the month of January)
- Performance reviews for staff complete.
- Filed taxes for 2018.
- Not meeting target of 7 hours of sleep each night.
- Missed using Full Focus Planner one day, didn’t work on it first thing after processing email inbox.
- Use Full Focus Planner in the morning immediately after processing my email inbox, following my planned morning routine.
- Close email from 8:00-9:30 am after processing inbox.
- Extend morning time block 9-9:45 am.
- Andrew Carnegie’s major motive in life was “making men more useful to themselves and others.” From re-reading my notes on The Wisdom of Success (summary here).
- Andrew Carnegie said making better men is a greater motive than making money. Also from re-reading my notes on The Wisdom of Success (summary here).
- Leviticus 26:16, one of the judgements of the Lord being consumption.
- Great expectations create great capabilities. -Ray Dalio
- Light is a particle and a wave. Correlation to God being light.
- From Leap First by Seth Godin
- We are leaving the industrial economy and entering the connection economy.
- People have to make a choice between better or safer. Most people choose safer. If employees are looking for safer (which most are) and I, as a boss, am looking for better, that doesn’t work.
Personal Development Material I am Studying This Week
- Leap First by Seth Godin
- Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount
- The Virgin Way by Richard Branson
- How to Listen to and Understand Great Music by The Great Courses
- Health Lessons on Khan Academy
- Bible, currently book of Leviticus, Matthew and I Corinthians
Weekly Big 3 Goals for Next Week, Week 05
- Have, in writing, clearly defined next steps for 2019 sales plan.
- Complete review of January 2019.
- Work on blog 30 minutes for four days, result of at least three posts.